This page is for general reference only. Always check with your local propane dealers for your safety and local codes.
According to tank manufactures, horizontal tanks made before October 1998 DO NOT need the OPD valve. Tanks made after October 1998 will require the OPD valve.
The month and date the bottle was manufactured is stamped on the collar ( example: 03-97). The bottle is good for 10 years from this date. After 10 years the bottle may be inspected and recertified for 5 more years.
Lee’s Propane has the following tanks in inventory:
- 100 gal – 1 stove or 1 small garage heater
- 250 gal – 1 fireplace or 1 hot water heater
- 500 gal – 1-2 fireplaces and grill or small heater
- 500 gal – Small to medium house running 1-5 appliances
- 1000 gal – Large house, house + pool heater